Monday, May 28, 2018

NEW SUMMER ADVENTURE SERIES | CONTAINER GARDENING

Hello friends! WE'RE BACK!!! 

That's right, our large family is back to sharing our lifestyle and homeschool adventures. If you're new to our internet family than welcome and if you're joining from our old blog, THE HOUSE ON HILLBROOK.. welcome back!!! 

WHY THE NEW NAME? 

So it's pretty simple...I wanted a new direction for our family and for our online presence. I recently branded the name "Craft His Love" over at my creative channel, Craft His Love | A Creative Ministry and I've been on Instagram sharing @craft_his_love for awhile now. So... I wanted to put all my chickens in one coop (if you get what I mean) and here we are! I'm sharing all of my creative endeavors for life and homeschooling using this one brand! 

INTRODUCING OUR NEW HOMESCHOOLING SUMMER ADVENTURE SERIES!


We recently finished up our school year and decided it would be fun to share our summer adventures with you guys. So we're kicking off our new blog/channel with a new series all about what we do this summer. We have a lot of fun crafty projects to tackle and lots of new things to learn so lets get started!!! 

UP FIRST....CONTAINER GARDENS! 

We've wanted to try this for a long time and we finally got the supplies to do it! I have to be honest with you all, I DO NOT have a green thumb at all. In fact I'm pretty sure I have a cursed thumb and kill all green things I come in contact with. However, it's one of my life's missions to become a cute little garden woman so I'm teaching my children while secretly learning at the same time, win win. 

As with all of our crafts and projects we try, we wanted to do this project for as cheap as possible. 

Here's the supplies we used:
  • simple rubber containers from the Dollar Tree ( I drilled holes in the bottom for drainage)
  • potting soil used for container gardening (yes it matters)
  • gloves
  • shovels
  • watering can
  • plants and seeds of choice
It's a pretty basic process but we made a video to hopefully inspire you to get dirty! 

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW WE MADE OUR CONTAINER GARDENS



No comments:

Post a Comment